From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The proposal on Integrating OpenID with PhotArk
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:57:42 GMT
On 6 April 2010 12:31, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
> <suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 31 March 2010 23:05, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhothayan@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> I have written and submitted my proposal on "Integrating OpenID with
> >> PhotArk" to google today.
> >> After working for about three weeks with photark i have now gained a lot
> of
> >> knowledge regarding the product, it's codebase and also about the
> community.
> >> With all these i too have the confidence that I'm competent enough to
> finish
> >> this project as expected, by the community.
> >>
> >> After several discussions with the mentor and with the guidance of the
> >> community, i have written this project proposal.
> >> i hope this is including all the expected features.
> >>
> >> I believe the mentors are having access to view them from the google
> summer
> >> of code web site.
> >>
> >> please do review my project and give your valuable comments,
> >>
> >> if you have any other suggestions or if you found anything to be changed
> in
> >> my project or proposal, please be kind enough to inform me.This will be
> very
> >> much helpful to me in producing a proper product proposal.
> >>
> >> hi,
> >
> > I have sumbmited the proposal to google, and I have also done some
> > improvements according to Avdheshs advice.
> > Since the dead line for the propoasl is on 8th April 2010. I have the
> > permision to edit the proposal till that date(8th April 2010)
> > Therefore I kindly request all mentors and commuters to please review my
> > proposal and give me you valuable feedbacks.
> >
> > the project url on the google site,
> >
> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/suhothayan/t127001357535
> >
> > Itoo have published privately on
> > http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfnmvjj8_10f6s87zdz
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > regards
> > suho
> >

> > thanks in advance
> >>
> >> With regards,
> >> Suho
> >>

> The proposal looks really good... one thing to have in mind is to see
> if it's possible to try to have this implemented using SCA Policy,
> where you would use declarative approach to describe that the "image
> service" for example "requires = authentication/authorization" and
> then configure it in a policy set... The only issue with this
> approach, is that it does the configuration part before deployment,
> and this might not be 100% good fit for our purposes....
>
>   hi,

Thank you very much for reviewing my proposal.

You have requested to implement this using SCA Policy,
I didn't quite get that point. I'm assuming that you wanted all the services
(provided by both the Relying Party Components and Access Layer), to be as
components in the SCA architecture.
And please be kind enough to explain me what is meant by "it does the
configuration part before deployment,"
so that I can get a better understanding to implement this in my project.

thanks

regards
suho

An example of an application using policy to restrict user access for