From "avdhesh .java" <avdhesh.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Standalone PhotArk and duplicate UI resources
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:22:45 GMT
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:29 AM, avdhesh .java <avdhesh.java@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > As per my Understanding we will have same UI for all versions(google apps
> > engine ,  JCR).What differs is the underline implementations (filesystem
> > based for google engine and JCR based)..We already have seperate project
> for
> > the implementation part..
> >
> > We already have  photark-webapps version for photark UI.
> >

> What I think we might need in the future is :
>
> photark-webapp
>   - this would be a full blow photark application and would be
> suitable for deploying in a app server that does not impose
> restrictions...
>
> photark-appengine-webapp
>   - this would have dependency on the filesystem impl and the photark
> ui, and the would have the necessary appengine configuration side
> files etc

etc....

That means we have following projects.

*photark* : Java Source
*photark-ui* : front end for the gallery and albums
*photark-admin-ui* : administation ui
*photark-webapp*:   configuration side files for deployment on appserver e.g
tomcat , jetty etc
*photark-appengine-webapp*: configuration side files for deployment on the
google apps engine

I agree with these project.

What about  the following structure.

*photark* : Java Source**
*photark-webapp*: photark ui +  administation ui + configuration side files
for deployment on appserver e.g tomcat , jetty etc
*photark-appengine-webapp*: configuration side files for deployment on the
google apps engine.

This allows us only to maintain 3 projects..

> > we can Integrate maven-junction-plugin with the photark-embedded
> > pom.xml.Byusing link goal of this plugin we can have photark ui
> > resources avble for
> > the photark-embedded project..
> >

> http://pyx4j.com/pyx4j-maven-plugins/maven-junction-plugin/introduction.html
> >

> I was thinking on the assembly plugin, that would copy stuff from
> let's say a photark-ui and photark-ui-admin projects into the war...
>

> Thoughts ?
>
> Also, it wasn't clear if you said photark-embedded is needed or not :)

We should get rid of Photark-embedded project and focus on the webapps...

Regards
Avdhesh

--
Thanks,
Avdhesh

Disclaimer: Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic. The
question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them is
left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of the
reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient. (A discussion
of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope of this
article.)