From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploying PhotArk WebApp to Google AppEngine
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:16:49 GMT
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:25 AM, avdhesh .java <avdhesh.java@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to deploy tuscany on google apps. i have used tuscany 1.5.
> I got following execption
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.naming.InitialContext is a restricted
> class. Please see the Google  App Engine developer's guide for more details.
> After investigation i found that
>
> getContributionRoot() of class WebAppServletHost use the
> javax.naming.InitialContext which is a restricted class .
> tuscany 1.5.1 also have same problem..
>
> Next i search google and found that it is possible to  successfully deploy
> Tuscany on google apps..but that is by using Tuscany 2.x version...which is
> not yet a GA release.

I have made several fixes in Tuscany 2.x to allow it to be deployed in
Google AppEngine, so I'd recommend moving to 2.x for this purpose
(which shouldn't be much difference).

As for the GA release, I'm guessing you are saying this because of the
2.x release is still called Milestone releases, and that is solely
because we are somewhat waiting for the final release of the SCA
Specifications in order to declare Tuscany 2.x, other then that, I
believe things are stable enough for PhotArk to use.

> To deploy photark on google apps either use tuscany 2.x...or fix the problem
> in tuscany 1.x...release..

I can take a quick try on moving PhotArk to use to Tuscany 2.x, I'll
try this tonight... otherwise it might take me two days, as I'll
probably hit the road tomorrow again and will be offline.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende