From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GalleryTestCase failing
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 16:15:53 GMT
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:30 AM, avdhesh .java <avdhesh.java@gmail.com> wrote:
> i have tried build the photark...but the GallerTestCase failed..
>
> i have investigated the reason and found that when i change Assert condition
> from
>
> Assert.assertEquals("album-1", albums[0].getName());
> Assert.assertEquals("album-2", albums[1].getName());

> Assert.assertEquals("album-2", albums[0].getName());
> Assert.assertEquals("album-1", albums[1].getName());
>
> it worked and GalleryTestCase run successfully....

Thanks, as you mentioned below, this is probably because the way the
albums are read from my unix based fileSystem are coming in a
different order compared to the os you are using. How about a slightly
different fix, that should make this work independent of the os.

        Assert.assertTrue(albums[0].getName().startsWith("album-"));
        Assert.assertTrue(albums[1].getName().startsWith("album-"));

> Actually gallery implementation needs to improved so that it reads albums
> alphabetic  order....

Should we read in alphabetic order ? Or should we read based on when
the album was created, and make the most recent ones in the top ?
I'm trying to finish up working on album upload, and once that part is
done, I believe we are going to have more information about the
albums, which would make this much easier, but for now I guess we
could try to check the directory creation date... but that might be
misleading if for example you just created the folder by checking out
the project source...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende