ignite-user mailing list archives

From Hausmann Philipp <philipp.hausm...@fhnw.ch>
Subject Messaging Reliability
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 09:13:44 GMT
Hi all

I am considering using Ignite messages to manage some jobs in my cluster. I've seen that one
can send messages either in an ordered or unordered fashion,
but the documentation does not specify any further guarantees. So far I have come up with
the following questions:

- Is delivery of point-to-point messages guaranteed?

- Is delivery of topic messages to all/to some listeners guaranteed?

- Is correctness of delivered messages guaranteed (e.g. bitflips)?

My current impression is, that Ignite does not guarantee anything beyond ordering. Does anybody
know anything more about this?

All the best,
Philipp