ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Dario Cecere <da...@elexar.net>
Subject Ibatis.net 1.51 1:N or N:M clarification
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:27 GMT
Hi, this is my first list message! first i would like to thank you every
developer for the great work done

I'm using 1.5.1 NET DataMapper to design a domain, and i need to model
some classses such as there are someone that have complex lists
attached, and i cannot use lazy loading (i need ALWAYS access to the
child objects),

Looking in the ibatis.net 1.5.1 documentation, i don't know if a JOIN
with 1.N or N:M scenario is supported, e .g. if i can use the
resultMapping="" attribute on resultmap with a IList Property, and in
such case how the resultset will be "splitted" between parent and child
object  (i guess would be accoring to the parent primary key, but what
if it is not present in the command?)

(Documentation says that the feature is not supported but active
discussions are in place, but after these words there is a box that
reccomend not to use JOIN always in a 1:N or M:N scenario versus
lazyloading, so i'm asking for this)

Another question: would be great to have Ibatis.net supports field
(private, protected), and i saw that 1.5.1 only maps public properties,
altough in this mailing list i noticed some messages regarding this
support, maybe is under developement ?

Thanks in advance, (i know, there are great features implemented and
people asks for other more complex......)

Dario Cecere