ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From "Don Dwoske" <...@loraxis.com>
Subject using public fields instead of properties ?
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:29:54 GMT
I see this in the documentation :

3.5.4. <result> Elements
The <resultMap> element holds one or more <result> child elements that
map SQL resultsets to object properties.

3.5.4.1. property
The property attribute is the name of a **field** or a property of the
result object that will be returned by the Mapped Statement. The name
can be used more than once depending on the number of times it is
needed to populate the results.

If I try to use a public field, iBatis does not work.  The way .NET
properties are implemented - it's easy to start by using public
fields, then switch to using getters and setters later.  This is nice
because I find getters and setters to be verbose and painful in the
beginning... I know it's not "best practice" - but....

are the use of public properties expected to be supported by iBatis.NET anytime?

--

Donald Dwoske