ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Shawn Smiley <ssmiley...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ThreadAbortException
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:52:29 GMT
Thanks Jeremy,

The exception occurs within 2-5 minutes of starting the import.  I've verified that the automatic
IIS 6 Process Reset options are disabled and that the timeouts are set to 20 minutes (I've
even tried disabling the shutdown apppool option, but the error still occurs).

I'm currently checking out the latest version of iBatis from SVN just to see if this is a
bug in the previous build that I'm currently using.

Thanks.

Jeremy Gray <jgray@siberra.com> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
          The last time I saw ThreadAbortExceptions in a production asp.net environment it
was due to asp.net processing timeout settings. I’d recommend taking a look at the execution
time required by the work involved, combined with the timeout settings for your production
web server. In a debugging environment, the asp.net processing timeouts are generally disabled,
which will not be the case when running a build on a production server.

  Jeremy Gray

---------------------------------

  From: Shawn Smiley [mailto:ssmiley483@yahoo.com]
 Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:25 PM
 To: iBatis Users
 Subject: ThreadAbortException

    This is somewhat related to my previous message about handling large transactions (same
code block).

 In our production environment, I'm getting a ThreadAbortException while importing a large
amount of data into a SQL Server database using the iBatis objects from my ASP.net webapp
(the import occurs via a web service call).  I'm completely baffled by this error, it does
not occur in my development environment and seems to occur after processing around 100-200
insert statements.

 The process that I have is that an XML file is passed to a web service on my web app.  The
web service then parses the XML and imports the data into the SQL Server database.  The XML
file will usually contain enough data to require around 500 or so inserts/updates across 5
or 6 tables in the database.  At many of the upper level tables, I'm doing a Find() and then
Update() where as the lower level tables do Insert().

 The production enviro nment is a dedicated Windows 2003 Server.  I'm currently using the
1.3 build of iBatis (svn rev 179390).

 Can anyone offer some suggestions on what may be causing this problem and how to solve it?

 Thanks,
 Shawn.

Yahoo! Photos