ibatis-user-cs mailing list archives

From Shawn Smiley <ssmiley...@yahoo.com>
Subject ThreadAbortException
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:24:36 GMT
This is somewhat related to my previous message about handling large transactions (same code
block).

In our production environment, I'm getting a ThreadAbortException while importing a large
amount of data into a SQL Server database using the iBatis objects from my ASP.net webapp
(the import occurs via a web service call).  I'm completely baffled by this error, it does
not occur in my development environment and seems to occur after processing around 100-200
insert statements.

The process that I have is that an XML file is passed to a web service on my web app.  The
web service then parses the XML and imports the data into the SQL Server database.  The XML
file will usually contain enough data to require around 500 or so inserts/updates across 5
or 6 tables in the database.  At many of the upper level tables, I'm doing a Find() and then
Update() where as the lower level tables do Insert().

The production environment is a dedicated Windows 2003 Server.  I'm currently using the 1.3
build of iBatis (svn rev 179390).

Can anyone offer some suggestions on what may be causing this problem and how to solve it?

Thanks,
Shawn.