hudi-dev mailing list archives

From Vinoth Chandar <vin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 0.9.0, release candidate #1
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:48:08 GMT
-1 (binding)

An issue was surfaced yesterday, that affects the re-definition of some
configs in HoodieWriteConfig e.g TABLE_NAME, AVRO_SCHEMA,
AVRO_SCHEMA_VALIDATE
which unfortunately do not have the _PROP suffix added. These are now
re-defining as ConfigProperty members now and jobs using them directly (we
have such usages
even in our quickstart) will have to break upon upgrading to this release.
While, its a bit of a step back to have to rename these to something else,
it might make sense
to keep all such members without _PROP suffix as string and make the new
members TABLE_NAME_CFG etc, to avoid upgrade pain.

I am also testing the RC for other issues, will update the thread again
with findings.

Thanks
Vinoth