hudi-dev mailing list archives

From Thiru Malai <thiru.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hash Index for HUDI
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2021 08:23:20 GMT
Hi,

This feature seems promising. If we are planning to assign the filegroupID as the hash mod
value, then we can leverage this change in Bloom Index as well by pruning the files based
on hash mod value before mix max record_key pruning. So that the exploded RDD will be comparatively
smaller which will eventually optimise the shuffle size in "Compute all comparisons needed
between records and files" stages.

Can we add this hash based indexing approach to Bloom Filter Based approach also