hudi-dev mailing list archives

From "vbalaji@apache.org" <vbal...@apache.org>
Subject Reg: Progress on preparing for first apache release
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 04:51:31 GMT
Hello Mentors,
We would like to report some progress in getting the first version of Apache Hudi released
We have identified major tasks in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-121
The following steps have been completed
   - Update License/Copywright for all hudi source files
   - Ensure Third party libraries are compatible with ASF policy

   - We have identified some java platform libraries that needs to be excluded from our fat-jars
and have to upgrade to Hive 2.x to become compatible with ASF policy. We are on track to do
this

The next steps are to rename packages from com.uber.hoodie to org.apache.hudi and add documentations
for release/migration.
We will update our progress periodically
Balaji.V