httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Wetzel <tim.wet...@desy.de>
Subject Re: Concurrent access to request body by multiple modules
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2020 15:44:12 GMT
Hi Nick,

thank you for the quick answer and the pointer to mod_request. I've had
a look at it before but, as you already pointed out, it is not fit for
the case at hand: the server I am deploying this module with will see
arbitrary-sized requests with files up to several GB in size. Keeping
request-bodies of that size in RAM when several concurrent requests fly
in will not be possible.

So, I will have a closer look at writing an input filter for this
purpose, which is what I had in mind as a viable option already. But I
wanted to check if anyone here had a different solution idea I wasn't
seeing.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Cheers,

Tim

Am 01.12.20 um 16:01 schrieb Nick Kew:

>> On 1 Dec 2020, at 14:29, Tim Wetzel <tim.wetzel@desy.de> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any possibility of having the module use, for example, a bucket brigade
or anything I am not aware of that is already in use by WebDAV and thus operate on the request
body of a file from a PUT request in parallel/concurrently to WebDAV?

--
Tim Wetzel
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY

E-Mail :  tim.wetzel@desy.de