httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2021 13:26:04 GMT
On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM Andrew Wetmore <andreww@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, Eric:
>
> Yes, committers can use either GitHub or Gitbox.
>
> I am not sure what the "can you give a hint about the migration aspect" means. Maybe
I was not clear. We have to move all projects off the Apache CMS and to some other technology,
such as Pelican. Infra can help with that move to a Git repository. Sometime this summer the
Apache CMS will stop functioning, which would mean you would have a hard time updating your
website.

I was referring to  "...migration process available that could speed
things along." not the overall migration off the CMS.
Daniel referred to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
but I didn't find any reference to "migration".

https://github.com/apache/httpd-site was created but it's empty.  I
was assuming we'd have some starting point based on the CMS-based site
content and whatever additional template/scaffolding is needed that
we'd be able to see w/o replacing our currently published site.
I don't want anyone to start from scratch if there's a better way to
get started.