httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:23:49 GMT
Hi -

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 1:17 PM, Marion & Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>
wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for having done it.
>
> You did faster and better than what I had started.
>

> Here are a few details spotted here and there:
>    - The download page looks broken
>      (https://httpd.staged.apache.org/download.cgi)

This is due to the staging environment not picking up the production pickup of cgi to mirror
mapping into the download.html template.

>    - some '&' have been turned into &amp;
>      (https://httpd.staged.apache.org/dev/debugging.htmll#gcore)

Fixed by switching from ``` fenced code to <pre>

>    - some extra spaces in a command (around the use of awk)
> (https://httpd.staged.apache.org/dev/release.html#how-to-do-a-release)

Removed. BTW - this page and associated scripts need to be edited to reflect the website being
git based.

>    - a bold string left with **
>      (https://httpd.staged.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html)

Good catch Github Flavored Markdown (GFM) does not like spaces for emphasis. If you want to
do bold italic: it’s ‘**_word_**'

>    - a link that is left as [foo](bar) instead of an hypertext link
>      (at the very bottom of https://httpd.staged.apache.org/contributors/)

Also GFM does not do any markdown within HTML blocks. I switched from <H3> to ### heading.

> Only the first point is an issue. It is maybe linked to the fact that it is in staging?

Yes.

> I guess that all the other tiny things could be fixed easily but don't have time to look
at it by myself in the coming days/weeks.

> I don't know if you hand modified a few things, but several places looks better now (some
spacing between paragraphs which are smaller now, some alignment, some missing spaces between
words that have been fixed, some numbering that were broken and fixed now, some links that
have been added for URL or mails). So, great work!

There were a few tweaks to obviously broken content. URLs and emails are automatically turned
to hyperlinks by GFM.

> Thanks a lot.

You’re welcome.

Dave

> CJ
>

> Le 25/06/2021 à 19:12, Dave Fisher a écrit :
>> The Migration from CMS to ASF-Pelican is staged!
>>
>> https://httpd.staged.apache.org/ is ready.
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/httpd-site/
>>
>> See the README on GitHub for details.
>>
>> All The Best,
>> Dave

means. Maybe I was not clear. We have to move all projects off the Apache CMS and to some
other technology, such as Pelican. Infra can help with that move to a Git repository. Sometime
this summer the Apache CMS will stop functioning, which would mean you would have a hard time
updating your website.

>>> I have the go ahead to do the migration for you. The goal is to create a staged
site that will be nearly identical to your current site.