httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: mpm state changes
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2021 10:56:18 GMT

> Am 28.06.2021 um 11:18 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021 at 10:28 AM Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>
>> what do you think about adding a hook for MPMQ state changes?
>>
>> AP_MPMQ_STARTING -> AP_MPMQ_RUNNING -> AP_MPMQ_STOPPING
>
> Fine by me, we just need to make sure that the hooks are not called
> from signal handlers (e.g. MPM prefork sets AP_MPMQ_STOPPING in the
> stop_listening() handler).

Right. Let's say we restrict this to changes in child processes. As in:

1. AP_DECLARE_HOOK(void,child_running,(apr_pool_t *pchild, server_rec *s))
2. AP_DECLARE_HOOK(void,child_stopping,(apr_pool_t *pchild, server_rec *s, int graceful))

1 could be called in the mpm's "child_main()" function.
2.could be called
  event.c#1326: in close_listeners()
  worker.c#714: listener_thread() exits its loop
  winnt/child.c#1145: at start of shutdown
  prefork.c: does not set _STOPPING in child processes it seems. 2 might be called in line
681
  netware: is this still maintained?
  os2: does not care about MPMQ_* things (is this still maintained?)
  motorz: line 948
  simple: does not really care about MPMQ_

- Stefan