httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2021 17:12:24 GMT
The Migration from CMS to ASF-Pelican is staged!

https://httpd.staged.apache.org/ is ready.

https://github.com/apache/httpd-site/

See the README on GitHub for details.

All The Best,
Dave

> On Jun 22, 2021, at 11:00 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 21, 2021, at 6:26 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM Andrew Wetmore <andreww@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Eric:
>>>
>>> Yes, committers can use either GitHub or Gitbox.
>>>
>>> I am not sure what the "can you give a hint about the migration aspect" means.
Maybe I was not clear. We have to move all projects off the Apache CMS and to some other technology,
such as Pelican. Infra can help with that move to a Git repository. Sometime this summer the
Apache CMS will stop functioning, which would mean you would have a hard time updating your
website.

>> I was referring to  "...migration process available that could speed
>> things along." not the overall migration off the CMS.
>> Daniel referred to
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
>> but I didn't find any reference to "migration".
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/httpd-site was created but it's empty.  I
>> was assuming we'd have some starting point based on the CMS-based site
>> content and whatever additional template/scaffolding is needed that
>> we'd be able to see w/o replacing our currently published site.
>> I don't want anyone to start from scratch if there's a better way to
>> get started.
>
> I have the go ahead to do the migration for you. The goal is to create a staged site
that will be nearly identical to your current site.