httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2021 18:00:35 GMT

> On Jun 21, 2021, at 6:26 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM Andrew Wetmore <andreww@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Eric:
>>
>> Yes, committers can use either GitHub or Gitbox.
>>
>> I am not sure what the "can you give a hint about the migration aspect" means. Maybe
I was not clear. We have to move all projects off the Apache CMS and to some other technology,
such as Pelican. Infra can help with that move to a Git repository. Sometime this summer the
Apache CMS will stop functioning, which would mean you would have a hard time updating your
website.

> I was referring to  "...migration process available that could speed
> things along." not the overall migration off the CMS.
> Daniel referred to
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
> but I didn't find any reference to "migration".
>
> https://github.com/apache/httpd-site was created but it's empty.  I
> was assuming we'd have some starting point based on the CMS-based site
> content and whatever additional template/scaffolding is needed that
> we'd be able to see w/o replacing our currently published site.
> I don't want anyone to start from scratch if there's a better way to
> get started.

I have the go ahead to do the migration for you. The goal is to create a staged site that
will be nearly identical to your current site.

Expect more information this week.

All The Best,
Dave