httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2021 16:17:47 GMT
FYI -

The regeneration of vulnerability reports is now a manual exercise. On review with Infra it
was decided that running arbitrary shell scripts during a pelican build is a security risk.

All the best,
Dave

> On Jun 25, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The Migration from CMS to ASF-Pelican is staged!
>
> https://httpd.staged.apache.org/ is ready.
>
> https://github.com/apache/httpd-site/
>
> See the README on GitHub for details.
>
> All The Best,
> Dave
>
>> On Jun 22, 2021, at 11:00 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:

Maybe I was not clear. We have to move all projects off the Apache CMS and to some other technology,
such as Pelican. Infra can help with that move to a Git repository. Sometime this summer the
Apache CMS will stop functioning, which would mean you would have a hard time updating your
website.

>>> I was referring to  "...migration process available that could speed
>>> things along." not the overall migration off the CMS.
>>> Daniel referred to
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features
>>> but I didn't find any reference to "migration".
>>>
>>> https://github.com/apache/httpd-site was created but it's empty.  I
>>> was assuming we'd have some starting point based on the CMS-based site
>>> content and whatever additional template/scaffolding is needed that
>>> we'd be able to see w/o replacing our currently published site.
>>> I don't want anyone to start from scratch if there's a better way to
>>> get started.
>>
>> I have the go ahead to do the migration for you. The goal is to create a staged site
that will be nearly identical to your current site.