httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <wave4d...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: migration of the HTTPD project website
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2021 13:32:47 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 18, 2021, at 5:35 AM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 18/06/2021 14.33, Eric Covener wrote:

>>> repo request is done via selfserve.apache.org
>> Since we do not use gitbox yet: So this would result in e.g.
>> github.com/apache/httpd-site and users can then choose to interact
>> with github or gitbox.a.o, right?
>
> Yep.

The repository is already created.

>>> migrating the site (and using pelican/jbake/hugo??) is done also
>>> self-serve-y via .asf.yaml - s.apache.org/asfyaml
>> A lot of info there, I see the pelican config stuff but can you give a
>> hint about the migration aspect there?
>
> The migration would largely just happen automatically once .asf.yaml is in place and
working. There is some httpd docs aliasing that infra needs to figure out, but that's tangential
to this.

Your whole approach to the security pages will need to change. You will need to produce the
html as a separate step.

Also the mdtext files need to be converted to md with a manual review in order to catch the
discrepancies between the CMS’s flavor of markdown and the GFM.

Regards,
Dave