hive-user mailing list archives

From PG User <pguser1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read-only mode for hive
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 18:15:04 GMT
Thank you all for replies.

My usecase is as follows:
I want to put a table (or database) in read-only mode. Then do some
operations such as taking table definition and hdfs snapshot. I want to put
table in read only mode to maintain consistency. After all my operations
are done, I will again put hive to read-write mode.

Sentry may not be solution as it will not handle existing transactions.
creating view will not solve the purpose either if inserts are going on.

- Nachiket