Thanks for the update :)

Regards
Mario

Thanks Russel and Wilfred!

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Russel Winder <russel@winder.org.uk> wrote:
Anyone using the Emacs Groovy Mode from https://github.com/Groovy-Emacs
-Modes/groovy-emacs-modes
or MELPA almost certainly needs to take note,
as I have likely broken your setup.

First apologies for doing this, but there had to be a breaking change
in order to get progress on all the things that were bugging people,
and now seemed as good a time as any.

The change is that the old "derived from java-mode, derived from cc-
mode" mode has been switched from the master branch to the 1.X branch,
and the new standalone groovy-mode (thanks due to Wilfred Hughes) has
been switched in from its feature branch to master. I believe MELPA
will pick up this new mode automatically.

If you have lots of groovy-mode set up based on all the old c-XXX
variables, this will now do nothing. Those variables were the cc-mode
ones and are now redundant in the new groovy-mode. There are a slew of
new variables for setting up the styling required.

If this changes makes you angry and want to string me up, then either:

1. Use groovy-mode 1.0.1 from MELPA Stable.
2. Clone the repository and use the groovy-mode.el from the 1.X branch.

This should then be exactly what you had before.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net