I'm working on the server directly.. any suggestions on IDE for groovy script ? Thanks

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Keith Suderman <suderman@anc.org> wrote:

On May 22, 2017, at 2:13 PM, RJ <ssoguroo@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the response, Jochen.  Tried your suggestion, it doesn't like it:

2017-05-22 14:06:15,871 ERROR - <groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.example.auth.principal.getId() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), wait(), find(), grep(), wait(long), grep(java.lang.Object)>
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerInvocationException: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.example.auth.principal.getId() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), wait(), find(), grep(), wait(long), grep(java.lang.Object)

Is the class name Principal or principal? Also, what IDE are you using?  Any decent IDE should be able to show you the available method signatures and do auto-completion for you.

We try something like this in Java.. Whats the equivalent in Groovy Script ?

Whenever in doubt just use the Java syntax.  Apart from some Java 8 stuff (coming soon), Groovy is perfectly happy with Java syntax.  Once the code is working then you can worry about making it more "Groovy"

Cheers,
Keith

import com.example.auth.principal;
public String1 abcd(final principal Principal){
return Principal.getId();
}