groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sun <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About the tests failed on JDK16
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2021 09:22:17 GMT
FYI. "the default value of the launcher option --illegal-access is now deny rather than permit"

See also https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/16-all-relnotes.html

➜ JEP 396: Strongly Encapsulate JDK Internals by Default
Strongly encapsulate all internal elements of the JDK by default, except for critical internal
APIs such as sun.misc.Unsafe. Allow end users to choose the relaxed strong encapsulation that
has been the default since JDK 9.

With this change, the default value of the launcher option --illegal-access is now deny rather
than permit. As a consequence, existing code that uses most internal classes, methods, or
fields of the JDK will fail to run. Such code can be made to run on JDK 16 by specifying --illegal-access=permit.
That option will, however, be removed in a future release.

On 2021/06/13 09:07:01, Daniel Sun <sunlan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I created a branch[1] to try running tests with JDK16, and I found 39 tests failed[2].
If somebody have some spare time, let's look into the issues and try to fix them together.