groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sun <sun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About the tests failed on JDK16
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2021 10:04:15 GMT
FYI. "All proxy classes are not open for reflective access in Java SE 16."

See also https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/16-relnotes.html

core-libs/java.lang:reflect
➜ Proxy Classes Are Not Open for Reflective Access
All proxy classes are not open for reflective access in Java SE 16.

Prior to Java SE 16, if java.lang.reflect.Proxy was used to implement only public exported
proxy interfaces, the proxy class was generated in an unnamed module which was open for reflective
access. In Java SE 16, the proxy class is generated in an exported package in a named module.
Programs that assume the private members of a proxy class can be made accessible via setAccessible(true)
will fail with InaccessibleObjectException. Proxy classes are already defined in dynamic modules
in other cases since Java SE 9. Such programs would already fail when it calls setAccessible(true)
to those proxy classes prior to this change.

On 2021/06/13 09:07:01, Daniel Sun <sunlan@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I created a branch[1] to try running tests with JDK16, and I found 39 tests failed[2].
If somebody have some spare time, let's look into the issues and try to fix them together.