groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Potential removal of JAXB un/marshal extension methods in Groovy 4
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:47:38 GMT
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 10:39 PM Mariusz W <mawasak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Ok for me. I still had to remember to add / copy dependency files from
> extras-jaxb. As I understand it will no longer be needed.

Yes, those jars should be added transitively by your build tool if you have
groovy-jaxb as dependency and should be added automatically when needed if
you are using the start scripts that come with a Groovy install or standard
groovy-starter.conf file in the Groovy install but there has been mixed
support from IDE vendors as to whether those jars are added automatically
or must be manually added - obviously it depends on which JDK versions are
in use etc, so I guess involves some complexity.

For those interested, there are now further links.

Jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-10005
PR: https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/1539

Cheers, Paul.