groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject [DRAFT] Apache Groovy Board Report February 2021 (reporting on Nov/Dec/Jan)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2021 04:23:56 GMT
Hi Folks,

Any other updates/comments before I submit our latest board report? (Due
tomorrow)

Thanks, Paul.

===============>8==============

Apache Groovy is responsible for the evolution and maintenance of the Groovy
programming language

## Issues:
No issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Groovy was founded 2015-11-18 (5 years ago)
There are currently 20 committers and 11 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Eric Milles was added to the PMC on 2020-11-20
- No new committers. Last addition was Mikko Värri on 2020-06-03.

## Project Activity:
We continue to work on bug fixes for 2.5 and 3 and continue to assist
other non-Apache projects within the Groovy ecosystem move to 3.0.

We are also continuing on our roadmap for Groovy 4 and recently
released another alpha version. We expect to move to beta/RC versions
shortly with GA release expected later this year.

Recent releases:
- 4.0.0-alpha-2 was released on 2020-12-04.
- 3.0.7 was released on 2020-12-03.
- 2.5.14 was released on 2020-12-03.
- 2.4.21 was released on 2020-12-03.

We had 21 releases for 2020, making it a good year
stats-wise (there have been 211 releases since 2003).

Downloads (Maven central/bintray only):
- For Nov/Dec/Jan quarter: approx 108 million
- last 12 months: ~350M
- since 2012 (when we started keeping stats from above repos):  ~740M

## Community Health:
The overall community status remains healthy.
This quarter, 472/716 commits were contributed from 13 contributors
to master/all branches including 9 non-committer contributors (6 new).
This represents fairly normal activity for the project as does
recent mailing list and bug tracker activity.

Apache Groovy continues to rank well on the TIOBE language
popularity index between 10th to 12th for most of the past 6 months.
There are flaws with the index and it fluctuates somewhat
but it is still nice to be not too far down the ranking.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>