groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Garcia <mario.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal handling of potential variable declarations for expressions starting with an underscore or dollar
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2021 09:58:01 GMT
If it helps, I've seen some programmers with python background using the
underscore in Groovy for method declaration. It seems they use the
convention of the underscore prefix to note these methods aren't for public
consumption.

El jue, 11 feb 2021 a las 9:49, Paul King (<paul.king.asert@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi folks,
>
> I would be interested in any thoughts about the following issue:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-9936
>
> TL;DR There is an edge case where Groovy 3 (Parrot) behavior now differs
> from the old parser. Even though an argument could be made either way as to
> which behavior is better, I propose we align with the old parser.
>
> Proposed PR:
>
> https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/1485
>
> Let me know your thoughts.
>
> Thanks, Paul.