Hi all,

Today I heard the very sad news that our good friend Russel Winder passed away.

The Groovy community will remember Russel for his great contributions to the Groovy project, the GPars parallel framework, his presentations at conferences about Groovy, but also his involvement in the Java ecosystem, the Python community, and more.

I'm very sad today to lose a good and dear friend.
I fondly remember our conversations at conferences like Groovy & Grails eXchange, at GR8Conf, or Greach. He had a wonderful sense of humour, and was a friendly and lovely person, with deep insight and knowledge.

graeme-guillaume-russel.jpg

My best thoughts and my condolences to his wife Geri and his family.

Russel, you will be deeply missed.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge