groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Wilson MacGyver <wmacgy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Russel Winder passed away
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2021 08:44:03 GMT
It's a sad day indeed. I still remember the first time we met at the first
ggx in London , after a long discussion. He stared at me with his wild eyes
and said “WHY are you using groovy?” Friendships were formed right away. I
go to his talk when possible. They are always funny

I would always ask questions Russel leads the audience to ask, he's great
at doing leading questions in his talks. And of course always tease him as
he gets ready for talk forever messing with Linux display settings on his
laptop. He was very much a believer of “year of Linux desktop” you will be
missed my friend