groovy-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Russel Winder passed away
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2021 20:29:37 GMT
Hi all,

Today I heard the very sad news that our good friend Russel Winder passed
away.

The Groovy community will remember Russel for his great contributions to
the Groovy project, the GPars parallel framework, his presentations at
conferences about Groovy, but also his involvement in the Java ecosystem,
the Python community, and more.

I'm very sad today to lose a good and dear friend.
I fondly remember our conversations at conferences like Groovy & Grails
eXchange, at GR8Conf, or Greach. He had a wonderful sense of humour, and
was a friendly and lovely person, with deep insight and knowledge.

[image: graeme-guillaume-russel.jpg]

My best thoughts and my condolences to his wife Geri and his family.

Russel, you will be deeply missed.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge