empire-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Peformance Issue
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:10:06 GMT
Hi!

Can you measure the amount of time requirred to just open / connect?

Have you monitored the VM (memory / GC) usage and what about the cpu load? What's the size
of one record returned in average? Can you execute this statement using plain JDBC just to
get a feeling about what overhead of empire we are talking about? Personally I think 32k records
is not that much..

CU

Jens

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

> Am 12.06.2015 um 17:31 schrieb Nguyen, Chieu X <chieu.nguyen@verizon.com>:
>
> Hi Rainer,
>

> I have a SQL that returns 23K records, then, I called the code below to return the data
in a List.  It consistently took around 1 – 2 minutes to finish the getBeanList call.

> Is there a way in Empire-DB for me to speed up the performance?
>
>        List<String> dataList = new LinkedList<String>();
>
>        DBReader reader = new DBReader();
>        try
>        {
>            org.apache.commons.lang.time.StopWatch sw = new org.apache.commons.lang.time.StopWatch();
>            sw.start();
>
>            reader.open(dbCmd, dbConn);
>            dataList = reader.getBeanList(String.class);
>
>            sw.stop();
>            log.info("getDataFromTable: Getting data from table took " + sw.toString()
);