empire-user mailing list archives

From Todd Stout <todd.tst...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema evolution management
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:51:59 GMT
Are there any guidelines regarding schema evolution with Empire DB? After
looking through the advanced examples, the only instance of schema
modification I can see is a simple add column, then drop the column after
temporarily using it.

The examples show how to create DDL from a DBTable, DBDatabase, etc.
However, I see nothing describing how to automatically ALTER the schema of
an existing DBDatase by simply adding columns, etc to a DBTable. For
example, If I add a column to a table, how do I coerce Empire DB to alter
the table?  I can generate the appropriate DDL script by writing some
custom code to use DBCmdType.ALTER. Is this how schema evolution is
achieved?