directory-api mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LdapConnectionPool.getConnection doing extraneous search?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:45:59 GMT

> On Mar 22, 2021, at 2:21 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> Would a Java Dynamic Proxy help?
>
> It would implement the LdapConnection interface.
>
> When a method is invoked it borrows a connection from the pool (without
> testing it), executes the method, returns the connection to the pool,
> and returns the result.
>
> When the method execution fails with a specific error (connection error)
> it invalidates the object in the pool, borrows a new one, and retries.

Hi Stefan, thanks for weighing in.

Potentially, yes.  I’m still trying to determine if the connection pool behavior is going
to be reliable with test on borrow turned off.

From observations it does appear to, but I don’t understand ‘how’ yet and so remain
skeptical.

I’m definitely not satisfied with the test on borrow extra round trip and so we may have
to go the dynamic proxy route.

—
Shawn