directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help on retrieving ms-ds-consistencyguid from activedirectory
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2021 13:11:17 GMT
Hi!

just wondering: what type of AttributeType are you using for this
attribute? It will drive the way it's exposed.

In any case, you should be able to pull the value from the UpValue
field, as it is what is returned without any processing.

Ca you copy/paste the code you use to read this value ?

On 24/03/2021 13:50, Benner, Craig wrote:
> Apache Ldap Api group,
>    I'm working on some code that is using this library to pull directory information
out of Active Directory's LDAP.  So far, the library is great and has helped tremendously.
 But I've hit a roadblock, I'm trying to pull the attribute ms-ds-consistencyguid, the library
is pulling the data.  But the part that I'm not understanding is how to convert the data into
the hex value that other applications are showing as the value.

> Some information:
> It is being returned as HumanReadable, with an upValue, normValu, h, isHR, and bytes.
 I'm trying to use the bytes and convert it but with no luck so far.