directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle violations...
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 17:46:36 GMT

Le 12/11/16 à 18:27, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 11/11/2016 07:30 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>

>> I bumped up the checkstyle maven plugin version to 7.2, which seems way
>> stricter than the previous version. As a result, shared does not build
>> anymore. I'm going to fix that today.
>>

>> Sorry for the temporary troubles.
> No problem, I didn't notice ;)

Probably because I fixed the API code before you gave it a try ;-)

> I didn't check the new rules if they make sense. But we also checkstyle
> configuration [1] where we can tune the rules according to our needs.

yes. And that might be an option if it's too painful. ATM, the two new
rules that are annoying are the one where an ENUM must not have a
'private' before teh constructor : it's already private. Also package
protected classes must not declare a public constructor. That's pretty
much it.

> And btw, the new checkstyle version also seem to require Java 8 as
> runtime, so I updated the API Jenkins job to run with Java 8.
Ah, missed this one. I'm not using Java 7 since early 2015, and it's
already EOL anyway... Thanks for having take care of jenckins !

Thanks for the feedback !

Side note : I haven't *yet* tested ApacheDS and teh other projects with
the new project 38, but they may be impacted.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org