db-torque-dev mailing list archives

From "Georg Kallidis" <georg.kalli...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Re: Torque 4.1?
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2019 10:54:40 GMT
Hi all, thanks for all the replies!

@The question is whether torque-test runs ok or not.
Ok, I tested almost only mysql and hsqldb. I will check hsqldb and
postgreSQL and hopefully Oracle SQL could be fixed, though MSQ SQL still
remains not  tested thoroughly .. I did some MySQL SQL generation change
recently... Thinking about this, it might be a structural improvement
needed, if the project would be in more active mode. I do not think, about
splitting up torque structure into database specific submodules, but a
solution has to be found about some flexibility in database support. Might
be, that not all databases could get the same test level with the current
community ...
@The issue [TORQUE-356] mainly was about the introduction of timezones
into datetime columns"
It might be helpful to get some more hints in the issue, what exactly is
missing?
@Versioning
Thomas might be right, and with semantic versioning in mind we might
better use v5.0 - although I am not yet aware of breaking dependencies in
generated java code, but Java 8 is now required.
Summary IMO: It might be necessary to check some more capabilities
(databases, ant tasks integration ??), until we could release Torque.
Nevertheless I personally would prefer to do it as early as possible.
Hopefully the remaining must-have TODOs/issues will boil down very soon to
zero! ;-)

Best regards, Georg

BTW https://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/  site navigation of needs
some updates as well, e.g. Wiki should point to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DBTORQUE/Home