datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <mha...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.6.0 release RC2
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:26:49 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote to release Apache DataFu 1.6.0 RC2.  For a summary
of the changes in this release, see:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=datafu.git;a=blob_plain;f=changes.md;hb=refs/heads/1.6.0

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 1.6.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DATAFU%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.6.0

The most notable addition in this release is the datafu-spark subproject
itself.

The source release candidate RC2 can be downloaded here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datafu/apache-datafu-1.6.0-rc2/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be
found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedatafu-1011/

Instructions for how to build against the artifacts in the staging
repository can be found in the RELEASE instructions (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=datafu.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE.md;hb=HEAD
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=datafu.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.md;hb=HEAD>
).

Files have been signed with PGP key 7BA4C7DF, corresponding to
mhayes@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.  This
key can be found on keyservers (e.g. gpg --keyserver
pool.sks-keyservers.net --search-key
7BA4C7DF).  It is also listed in
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/datafu.asc.

Instructions for how to verify checksums and signatures can be found in the
README (
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=datafu.git;a=blob_plain;f=README.md;hb=HEAD
).

The release candidate has been tagged with release-1.6.0-rc2, which has
been signed with the same key.  I've also created a branch 1.6.0.

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes, check the
signatures, test it, and vote.  The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on
March 30th at 10:30 am PST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)