datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Eyal Allweil <eyal_allw...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: What's the status of DataFu?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 10:45:14 GMT
Hi John (and everyone else),

There isn't a lot of traffic, but over the past few months the community has been working
on preparing for graduation - I think we're almost there. There was one JIRA issue opened
this past month by a new contributor, which I've already reviewed and need to commit. There
are other issues with patches that need to be decided on or reviewed.

I think the project is still viable, but part of the lessening of interest in it is because
of a general decline in Apache Pig as a platform. Personally I'd like to expand DataFu to
include Spark-related code, which I think will bring new contributions and contributors. Currently
there isn't an open-source "home" for auxiliary Spark code, and just as DataFu has been that
home for Pig, it could be for Spark.
Thoughts?
Regards,Eyal