datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Jurney <russell.jur...@gmail.com>
Subject Discussion of 'Becoming a Committer' Page
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 03:58:44 GMT
Something came up as we prepare DataFu for graduation. We haven't
documented the process of nominating and approving new committers. From the
thread with Matt Hayes:

> So far the process has been that I start a discussion in the private list
> when I think someone has made enough good contributions.  If there's good
> feedback we vote.  Anyone in the PPMC can initiate this; we just haven't
> documented it.

A good example of a page that roughly works this way is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Becoming+a+Committer

What do folks think of using this as a template for our process? Any
additions/edits people want?

Russell Jurney @rjurney <http://twitter.com/rjurney>
russell.jurney@gmail.com LI <http://linkedin.com/in/russelljurney> FB
<http://facebook.com/jurney> datasyndrome.com