datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Datafu graduation from the Incubator
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 07:02:15 GMT
HI,

> At the time of the 1.3.0 source release I wasn't prepared to release the
> binaries because I hadn't read enough about the process to do it right.

IMO I think you should one release with  both the binaries and sources before graduation,
but other may have differing opinions.

It not immediately obvious to me that the two binaries you have (hourglass and pig) relate
directly to the source release. I can see that both of them also have a source jar inside
them [1][2] but each source jar is different and possibly different to [3]? That might be
considered an unapproved source release?

Branding wise your site is missing a few things, including a download section, required links
and the like [4] but that should be easily fixed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/datafu/datafu-pig-incubating/1.3.1/
2. https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/datafu/datafu-hourglass-incubating/1.3.1/