datafu-dev mailing list archives

From Eyal Allweil <eyal_allw...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Making the rest of bag and set UDF's implement Accumulator
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 13:50:40 GMT
Hi guys,
Having just added an Accumulator implementation to FirstTupleFromBag, I wonder if it might
be worth it to add Accumulator implementations to the other bag and set UDF's.
Unlike FirstTupleFromBag, it won't provide much memory or runtime savings in and of itself,
but Pig will be able to optimize plans including these UDF's much better.

If no one objects (and it is likely to be accepted) I can prepare such implementations for
review - I don't think it is a lot of work.
What do you think?
Regards,Eyal Allweil