creadur-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMS staging setup
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 06:25:06 GMT

On Dec 30, 2011, at 5:30 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On 12/29/11 20:34, David Blevins wrote:

>>> (Not quite what I had in mind but) works for me :-)
>>
>> If you can "sketch" out what you were thinking that'd be great.  The above is maybe
a little tedious.

> I hadn't really given the matter much thought, so let's start from that
> suggestion...
>
> IMHO we should allow tools to pick the most appropriate tool for them.
> So, renaming maven -> docs would provide space for generated
> documentation of any sort:
>
> rat/
>  rat/
>    docs/ <- generated by Maven
>  whisker/
>    docs/ <- generated by Maven
>  eye/
>    docs/ <- generated by Python?
>  scan/
>    docs/ <- ??
>  tentacles/
>    docs/ <-generated by Maven?
>
> Whisker is a build tool extension. Maven sites work well for this sort
> of component. My inclination would be to HTTP redirect rat/whisker ->
> rat/whisker/docs and maintain the Whisker documentation only in Maven.

I tar'ed and scp'ed over the current site contents with the intent of checking them in, but
they turned out to be 27MB uncompressed.  Looks like most of that is duplication -- guessing
at one point things were 'rat-foo' and then were switched to 'apache-rat-foo'.

Tried grabbing the source and generating the site, but didn't have any luck -- never actually
used the mvn site plugin.  Not sure if I was missing some params.

If someone already setup to build the various sites gives it a whirl that'd be great.  Maybe
the primary person(s) of each subproject can give it a whirl.  We probably just need the main
rat content in there to switch over fully to the CMS.  The rest can come as people get free
time.

Fairly straightforward svn add/ci.  Just need to 'svn add' the content in these dirs:

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/rat
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/whisker
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/eye
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/scan

We could add the docs subdirs and the redirects leaving the parent dir empty, but certainly
we don't need that for any CMS reasons.  It'll be happy either way.

-David