creadur-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMS staging setup
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:11:46 GMT

On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On 01/11/12 06:25, David Blevins wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> If someone already setup to build the various sites gives it a whirl that'd be great.
>> Maybe the primary person(s) of each subproject can give it a whirl.  We probably
just need the main rat content in there to switch
>> over fully to the CMS.  The rest can come as people get free time.
>>
>> Fairly straightforward svn add/ci.  Just need to 'svn add' the content in these dirs:
>>
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/rat
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/whisker
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/eye
>>   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/scan
>>
>> We could add the docs subdirs and the redirects leaving the parent dir empty, but
certainly we don't need that for any CMS reasons.
>> It'll be happy either way.
>
> I've tried using the Maven site deployment provider for subversion but hit what looks
like a bug in Maven :-/

> The workaround I've used elsewhere for sites in subversion is fiddly: checkout, use a
staging build then commit the results. Not sure this is better than getting Maven to upload
to a new location on the server and using http redirections...

The CMS is 100% svn backed, so there's no option to bypass the commit and send redirects to
a non-svn backed location.  Well you can, just that non-svn backed location would be on a
different server.

On the OpenEJB side, we've experimented with that a bit:

  http://ci.apache.org/projects/openejb/examples-generated/

But so far haven't gone live with anything like that as having important content at "ci.apache.org"
is a bit strange.

-David