creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Burrell Donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CMS staging setup
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:59:15 GMT
On 01/17/12 23:11, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> On 01/11/12 06:25, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> If someone already setup to build the various sites gives it a whirl that'd be
great.
>>> Maybe the primary person(s) of each subproject can give it a whirl.  We probably
just need the main rat content in there to switch
>>> over fully to the CMS.  The rest can come as people get free time.
>>>
>>> Fairly straightforward svn add/ci.  Just need to 'svn add' the content in these
dirs:

>>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/rat
>>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/whisker
>>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/eye
>>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/site/trunk/content/rat/scan
>>>
>>> We could add the docs subdirs and the redirects leaving the parent dir empty,
but certainly we don't need that for any CMS reasons.
>>> It'll be happy either way.
>>
>> I've tried using the Maven site deployment provider for subversion but hit what looks
like a bug in Maven :-/

>> The workaround I've used elsewhere for sites in subversion is fiddly: checkout, use
a staging build then commit the results. Not sure this is better than getting Maven to upload
to a new location on the server and using http redirections...

> The CMS is 100% svn backed, so there's no option to bypass the commit and send redirects
to a non-svn backed location.  Well you can, just that non-svn backed location would be on
a different server.

> On the OpenEJB side, we've experimented with that a bit:
>
>    http://ci.apache.org/projects/openejb/examples-generated/
>
> But so far haven't gone live with anything like that as having important content at "ci.apache.org"
is a bit strange.

Sounds like accepting a more complex manual site build makes sense for
now, until the Maven build is fixed...

Robert