creadur-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website and Branding Rules
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 10:01:18 GMT
On 4 September 2011 06:18, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2011-08-30, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>
>> IMHO our existing site[1] is quite basic and aimed at developers. I
>> suspect work is needed to bring it into line with the new policy on
>> trademarks and branding[2]. I'd to take this opportunity to do a wider
>> refresh.
>
>> I would prefer a user centred top level landing page, pushing
>> developer centred product documentation down to a level.
>
> Sounds fine.  But it also likely means it will take longer to make the
> site conform to the branding reqs.
>
> I'm not familiar enough with the mvn site plugin to know how to get
> anything into the footer, but for the rest of the requirements I don't
> think it would take too much effort to just make the necessary
> modifications of adding a few "Apache"s here and "TM"s there.

We went through this exercise in Commons and HttpComponents.

This is not easy to do with current Maven, so they both use a
customised Maven skin with an updated VM template that picks up
<custom> elements from site.xml.

You can use the commons skin (it's generic) in your site.xml

The commons top-level site.xml is here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-site/trunk/src/site/site.xml

Should be easy enough to adapt for RAT.