creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State Of Play
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:33:58 GMT
On 2011-09-13, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> Graduation-wise my main worries are the trademark, branding and
> marketing. The Incubator documentation needs work to bring it in line
> with the new policies elsewhere and to establish more clearly who does
> what. I think the question of trademarks may be a little tricky but
> I'll start digging.

I'm not convinced that RAT needs to fix the Incubator before it can
graduate ;-)

More seriously, we could apply the rules without claiming a TM on RAT
and do the later immediately after graduation.

> I hope that we'll be able to cut 0.8 sometime soon.

I'm still unsure whether the Maven plugin is considered ready for
release.  If it is it probably only takes anybody to build the release
and call for a vote.

Since my experience with the release plugin in Commons has been less
than ideal I was hoping anybody else would take that job.  Right now
log4net (who's next release is even longer overdue than RAT's) is eating
more time than I can devote anyway.

Stefan