creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Committers
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:11:30 GMT
2009/11/18 Robert Burrell Donkin <rdonkin@apache.org>:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> One of the problems I have observed here in RAT is the lack of
>> committers on the project. There are simply not enough people with
>> cycles to apply patches in good time frames (I know from personal
>> experience).
>>
>> Given the nature of RAT I would strongly suggest existing committers
>> look to recent activity and provide early commit access to people
>> already known to us. To be adopted and therefore improved RAT needs to
>> be adopted by the projects expecting to use it, when a project looks
>> keen to do so we should, at this stage, make it easy for them to do
>> so. Hence, as mentor, I suggest a low barrier to entry for people on
>> ASF projects.
>
> sorry for dropping the ball on this.

Blast - whilst writing this email I said to myself "be sure to
indicate that this is not a complaint, the latest round of patches are
all less than three days old". My intention was just to flag it - not
to complain.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk