creadur-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Easier New License Addition
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:47:22 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>  sounds complex, i know. is it likely to be faster than java's regex?

I am sure, that you'd be able to get something that is faster than
java's regex. But I doubt that it will be maintainable. I'd vote for
sticking to regex's. IMO, RAT is not required to be really fast.
People who are sensible for performance will disable it for the daily
build and enable it for release builds only.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

 -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)