creadur-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding licences automatically?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:26:41 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:11 -0700, Luciano Resende wrote:
>> You should consider that some files that currently does not have a ASF
>> header are that way because they use a different license and are
>> indeed correct.
>
> perhaps that's the point: use RAT to detect those with different
> licenses

Yes, the initial idea would be to do a reporting run, this would
indicate the number of files under a non-Apache licence. Those that are
OK would need to be added to an exclude list.

Then do a re-licence run in which those not in the exclude list are
re-licenced.

>> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Is it within the scope of RAT to optionally add licence headers
>>> automatically to documents that don't yet have them?
>>>
>>>  If so, I may implement such a feature at some point in the near future
>>> using the relicensing scripts, available here in the ASF, as a starting
>>> point.
>
> possibly: but feel free to start here

OK, well I have about 2000 files that need relicensing and a little
"play time", so rather than just run the scripts against the code I'll
have a bash at bringing the functionality into RAT as described above.

Ross